2 carrots, finely diced
2 small or 1 large onion, finely chopped
1.5 cups peas & corn
1 cup water
1 tablespoon olive oil
¼ teaspoon turmeric
¼ teaspoon gram masala
2 teaspoons curry powder
4 sheets reduced fat puff pastry
Low Fat milk for brushing tops of the pastry
Yoghurt mixed with mint and sweet chili sauce for serving
- Pierce potatoes with a skewer 3 or 4 times. In 2 batches (5 each time on a plate) microwave on high for 15 mins or until cooked. Set aside and when slightly cooled enough to pick up peel off the skin with a small knife.
- Once all potatoes are cooked and peeled chop them and put into a large bowl.
- In a large non-stick fry pan spray heat olive oil and cook onions until softened.
- When onions cooked drizzle tiny bit more oil and add turmeric, gram masala, and curry powder, the spices should sizzle for 1 minute to release the aroma.
- Preheat oven to 200C (400F)
- Now add carrot which have been finely diced and ¼ cup water so they cook quickly. Once softened add potato and stir to well incorporated. Add more water another ¼ cup otherwise will become dry. Now add the peas and corn, try not to mash them but stir into the mixture.
- Layout the 4 sheets of pastry, they will take around 5 mins to defrost depending on the temperature.
- Once defrosted, cut each sheet into 4 squares.
- Place some mixture into each little sheet in the centre, with a pastry brush a little cold water on the edge inside so when you close it helps to stick. Fold so you end up with a log shape. Press edges together. Brush with milk on top for a shine when cooked.
- Layout on baking trays lined with non-stick baking. Place each pastry onto trays and bake for 20 mins or until puffed and golden.
- Serve with yoghurt mixed with mint and sweet chili sauce.